a night in the lonesome october

Friday, February 25, 2005

tate walker

I like my job so much, it's just...

...sad, because these kids are just so great, so very incredible that I want to make each of them my own, and yet their parents send them to (our) daycare all day long. How can they bear to be away from them all day? Good for me, because then I get to be with them all day long, but these kids deserve better than to be loved on a 10 to 1 ratio. I pick one up and I just want to hold them forever, but I can't because it's not fair to the other kids. I feel bad because every time I hug one child, that means there's 29 others that aren't getting hugged right then. And then I feel guilty because with so many kids thrown together they get wild and desperate and they overwhelm me and I snap at them sometimes, when it's not their fault, not at all.

What can one person do? One person is not enough. That's why we have families, so there's enough love to go around. Daycares were not God's idea.

she said it at 8:22 PM


her guestbook

++++++

Comments: Post a Comment

Mandie Stacker Danielle Krystle Rebec Nicky-sue Kasper Aj Brittny Karin Erin Lise Aaron Oldenburg FabFive Rachael Noelle Erika Jesse
06/04 07/04 08/04 09/04 10/04 11/04 01/05 02/05 03/05