a night in the lonesome october

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

The lady doth protest too much, methinks

Shakespeare.
Hamlet.

Darkness before dawn, and things are looking up.
That's why I cannot quit, because I know time cures much (not that everything is cured, but hope is restored). To quit before you've breached the adaptability timetable is simple silliness. Difficulty doesn't equal impossibility, and sucess promises increased strength and endurance for the future. I guess we can't choose our lessons or our tests, only live our best and wait for the gratifying season of retrospection.

This is not yet that season.

In other news, I'm becoming satisfyingly familiar with my area. I can find my way home several different ways from different directions. I know how to get to numerous indispensable destinations, including Dairy Queen (may you live forever), Starbucks (all hail), Borders (love), the library (home), several shopping centers and malls, the state park, Pets-R-Us (?), the YMCA, Wal-Mart, and am generally familiar with the major roads, highways and streets. Tonight, someone even asked me where a certain street was, and I could tell them.
That made me feel good.

she said it at 8:09 PM


her guestbook

++++++

Comments:
eyes so dark to not see past them
thoughts so sheen, blameless, obscene
stepping though titles, stories unread
answers all known, before in your head

slivers that glow, grasping in vain
reflections, resistance
are held with disdain

fear not of the shadow
no darkness is without light
love comfort and joy
lie hidden in sight

Kg
 
Post a Comment

Mandie Stacker Danielle Krystle Rebec Nicky-sue Kasper Aj Brittny Karin Erin Lise Aaron Oldenburg FabFive Rachael Noelle Erika Jesse
06/04 07/04 08/04 09/04 10/04 11/04 01/05 02/05 03/05