a night in the lonesome october

Sunday, July 18, 2004

bittersweet symphony

I had this dream that I lived in Denmark. I woke up and the phone rang and I talk to these people I didn't know before, but I'm not convinced it was real. I look at a map, and my finger gently touches an obscure mark atop Germany. It was there and now - a splotch on a map, a phone call, a picture, an odd language whispering in my head that no one cares to hear. Gone, and in retrospect but the blink of an eye. Memories are already fading. I guess it goes on without me. As if I were never there? Forget me not... 
 
A little girl stepped onto your foreign shores, and three years later someone else left wearing her shoes. I doff my hat to you, Copenhagen - goodbye means forever, but I think you left your mark.
 
What was that? 

she said it at 9:36 PM


her guestbook

++++++

Comments: Post a Comment

Mandie Stacker Danielle Krystle Rebec Nicky-sue Kasper Aj Brittny Karin Erin Lise Aaron Oldenburg FabFive Rachael Noelle Erika Jesse
06/04 07/04 08/04 09/04 10/04 11/04 01/05 02/05 03/05